Thursday, May 9, 2013

I've decided I have a problem

I'm going to admit it. I might have an addiction to acquiring books. Not reading them, but holding on to them for EVER AND EVER. Like Lenny. I see a good cover or topic or author and I'm like "I've got to have this book right now. DON'T ARGUE WITH ME. RIGHT NOW. I don't care that I won't read it for several months because I've already got a gazillion books to read before it. I'm taking it and no one else will ever be able to read it." And then I hold on to the book for a very long time, someone else wants it, I feel bad, and then I try to sneak it back to the library when no one is looking.

My second problem (this one is not so much a problem but something I've noticed and is causing me a tiny bit of stress) is that I'm reading more non-fiction. Like, almost all of the books I've read in the past month have been fiction. Except for "Darth Vader and Son" and "Vader's Little Princess". I keep finding interesting non-fiction books to read! What else can I do? I decided to also get a sci-fi book a few weeks ago just so I could break up the monotony. It was good and now I want to read all the sci-fi. But I have to finish my stockpile of non-fiction first.

On another note, I designed my department's yearbook photo this year. Apparently it's very exciting. We got about 12 copies and everyone kept asking me if I had seen it yet and did I want to see it and they'll leave it on my desk for me. I made it very easy for them. I didn't want to see it. I know what it looks like. I made the thing. It's embarrassing to see my work in a format that other people will be able to see. I want to be anonymous. K. I'm going to go read now.

W

No comments:

Post a Comment